Asus,and Windows 8 wireless adapter problems............PLEASE HELP.

I have an Asus laptop. Just Bought it. It has Windows 8. My Wireless works for my Desktop (and it is 30 feet away from the source) with no problems and it is running vista. However, my Asus drops signal, and constantly resets the router, it said there is no wireless networks available when the laptop is 2 feet from the source.  I will be on the net one second and dropped off the next second. I then have to click trouble shoot wireless connection and then it will reset the wireless adapter. What gives? I want to downgrade asap!

Hi Jessesweetman,

Thank you for choosing Windows 8 and we are happy to help you.

From the issue description, I understand that the wireless internet connection in Windows 8 keeps getting disconnected.

Could you answer few questions to help us understand the issue well:

1.      What is the make and model of the computer?

2.      Are you able to connect to the internet without any interruption, using wired internet connection?

I would suggest you to follow these methods to fix the internet connectivity problem and check.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to go through the article and follow the steps given. Here is the link for your reference.

Wired and wireless network problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/network-connection-problem-help#network-problems=windows-8&v1h=win8tab1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Method 2:

I would suggest you to follow the steps given in the article. Go through the link for your reference.

Why can’t I connect to a network?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/cant-connect-to-a-network

Method 3:

I would suggest you to go to manufacturer’s website and download the updated network drivers and install them. Here is the link for your reference.

http://support.asus.com/download/options.aspx?SLanguage=en

Hope it helps. For any further Windows related queries feel free to get back to us. We are there to assist you.

Regards,
Tadasha Mishra

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

i have a asus desktop with windows 8 i just bought its brand new, its a gaming desktop and it wont even view wireless connection just asking for a broadband connection only how do i fix this?

Sorry this didn't help.

same happens with me..............and these articles don't help 

Sorry this didn't help.

The steps listed here do not fix the problem. I have an ASUS laptop model X755JA with Windows 8.1, 64-bit that constantly drops the wireless internet connection. I click on the network and it will reconnect almost immediately but then at random it will drop again, and again and again. Very irritating!!!!

I purchased the laptop this month. I have tried all of the recommended fixes and nothing has worked. Is this a Microsoft issue or a wireless adapter issue?

I see from other posts that this is and has been a common problem.  

Is Microsoft working on a fix for this problem with Windows 8.1?  

31 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

It does appear to be VERY common for the broken Windows 8.1 and wireless adapter to not work properly. Microsoft clearly does not care about it's consumers as they give very generic advice for a very specific issue. How can the troubleshooter find issue with the wireless adapter when the wireless adapter turns on and off so many times, making the troubleshooter think it stays on? I have had nothing but issues since I switched from my Toshiba/win7 to this Asus/Win8/8.1. Nothing but trouble. Graphics card went out after having it for 2 weeks, had to send it in. After I get it back, it is a constant struggle with the wireless adapter.

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 20, 2020 Views 22,582 Applies to: