"application cannot be started. Contact application vendor" - error message i get when trying to download chrome

tried downloading chrome and Google Hangout, but get error message above. 

Question Info

Last updated November 9, 2019 Views 32,034 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi Julian,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community forums.

I understand that you are unable to get an error message while downloading google chrome.

Before we try fixing the issue, I would suggest you to answer the questions given below.

1)      Are you using Internet Explorer to download Chrome and Google Hangout?

2)      Do you have any third party security software installed on your computer?

If you have any third party security software installed I would suggest you to disable it and check if the issue persists.

Disable third-party Security Software

a)      On your Computer screen Task Bar next to System Clock..

b)      You will see the third-party Security Software Icon.

c)      Click on the third-party Security Software Icon, you will see a pop up.

d)      In that pop and select the option to disable, click on it.

Now the third-party Security Software will be disabled.

Important Note: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to contact Google support regarding this.

http://support.google.com/?hl=en

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We will be glad to assist you.

92 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.