windows print spooler keeps turning off

Windows 8 Print Spooler keeps turning off. I have ran the event viewer and I can see that the driver is crashing. Faulting application name: spoolsv.exe, version: 6.2.9200.16384, time stamp: 0x501080ef Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.2.9200.16579, time stamp: 0x51637f77 Exception code: 0xc00000fd Fault offset: 0x0000000000006753 Faulting process id: 0xa4c Faulting application start time: 0x01ce783c0ce5c2bf Faulting application path: C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll Report Id: 50fd55c1-e42f-11e2-be7d-ae2d2200ff00 Faulting package full name: I can start the service and within a few seconds it turns off again. I have done 3 clean installs of Windows 8 and every time this happens. I have stopped using the HP 6500 as everyone seems to be having problems with this printer and Windows 8. So I used my Lexmark and I am having the same problems with it using the default Windows drivers. There needs to be a fix available as not having the option to print, well, is not an option. I am a college student who has reports to print on a weekly basis. I am having to take all my material to the library and then pay to have it printed out. This should not happen on $150 dollar piece of software. I would expect this from a $9.99 piece of **** but not the public release of an operating system.

Question Info

Last updated July 12, 2018 Views 44,639 Applies to:
Answer
Hi Dustin,

1. What is the model number of the Lexmark printer?
2. What is the make and model of your computer?

Cause of Ntdll.dll Errors:
The causes of ntdll.dll error messages can vary greatly. However, most ntdll.dll errors result from a corrupt or damaged version of the ntdll.dll file itself, corrupt hardware drivers, or issues between Windows and other programs.
Ntdll.dll errors can sometimes mean that a piece of hardware in your computer is malfunctioning, but this is rare.

Please try the following steps to check how it works:

Method 1: Clear Printer Spooler files and enable the spooler service

1.  Press “Windows Key+ R”, type “services.msc”, hit Enter.

2. Double-click "Printer Spooler" in the Services list.

3. Click Stop and click OK.

4. Press “Windows Key+ R”, type "%WINDIR%\system32\spool\printers" in the open window, and delete all files in this folder.

5. Press “Windows Key+ R”, type “services.msc”, hit Enter.

6. Double-click "Printer Spooler" in the Services list.

7. Click on Start. In the Startup Type list, make sure that "Automatic" is selected and click OK.

If the above method does not work, go to next method.

Method 2: Install device drivers for your printer and check.
Refer to the following link: 

http://support.lexmark.com/index?page=productSelection&channel=supportAndDownloads&locale=EN&userlocale=EN

If the above method does not work, go to next method.

Method 3: Let’s place the computer in clean boot and if the helps.

Clean boot will help us to identify if any third party applications or start up items are causing the issue.

To do this, follow steps from this link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After checking the functionality in clean boot, follow the suggestions under “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot”.

Hope this helps and do let us know if you need any assistance in the future regarding Windows. We will be glad to help.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.