Windows Audio cant be started, error 1740 (0x800706cc: Endpoint is a duplicate)

Hello. I need help. I lost my audio a few days ago, and it seems weird. How did it happen? I noticed it when I experience a control panel issue. When I open it, it won't load up and it cant be closed. The volume button on the taskbar says "The Audio Service is not running." I watched a video on how to solve it. I noticed, the Multimedia Class Scheduler is not running. I started it successfully. So now I started the Windows Audio service, but a dialogue box shows up and says what is on the attachment. Hoping for your reply.

Question Info

Last updated September 21, 2019 Views 87,654 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

If your AVG virus vault is empty and you get the error message of “Endpoint is a duplicate" try the following steps:

1. Open Regedit.
  2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\AudioEndpointBuilder\Parameters.
  3. In the right pane check the value of ServiceDll. If the value is %SystemRoot%\System32\Audiosrv.dll, it's the cause of the problem. It should be: %SystemRoot%\System32\AudioEndpointBuilder.dll.
  4. Change the ServiceDll to it’s correct value.
  5. Reboot your computer.

I hope this will help.

39 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
Okay so i had this problem also and here is what was up with mine. My antivirus marked it as a virus and quarantined it withouit my knowledge so all i did was go to my archives or whatever it is called (im using AVG 2014) and restored it and my sound started working again. also when it says file already exists do you want to replace it REPLACE IT. So that's what i did and now my sound works, hope this helps

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.