Windows 8 laptop keeps crashing it says DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
my Asus Vivobook S400 keeps crashing, like every minute, right now im even asking this on my moms laptop. My laptop is a windows 8 touchscreen laptop. When it crashes it says DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. Please help
This thread is locked. You can follow the question or vote as helpful, but you cannot reply to this thread.
We do need the actual DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the
crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible. You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.
If you are overclocking stop. (chances are if you dont know if you are, you are not)a
To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder. We need at least 2 DMP FILES to diagnose and confirm
The procedure: * Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button. (if available on your site, MS doesnt have this)
*Please upload them to a file sharing service like Skydrive or"Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.
To ensure minidumps are enabled:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.
Please also run MSinfo32 and upload the output as well.
To run MSinfo32 please go to start>run>MSinfo32
Go to "file" "save" and upload the saved file with the DMPS
(Instructions for XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8)
System specs are extremely useful so please include
whatever you know.