Windows 8 doesn't recognize any USB ports

Anything I plug in my usb ports isn't detected. All of my USB drivers say this: The software for this device has been blocked from starting because it is known to have problems with Windows. Contact the hardware vendor for a new driver. (Code 48)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.

Checking for solutions does nothing. Any suggestions?

Question Info

Last updated August 18, 2018 Views 10,804 Applies to:
Answer

OK FRIENDS - HERE IS THE ANSWER:

To begin, I had the exact problem as OP. I upgraded my windows 7 to Windows 8 about 2 weeks ago, and suddenly ALL 8 of my USB's did not work.

I had MS Answerdesk perform diagnostics TWICE to try and fix it, the last time they said their level 2 agents had to work on the computer (but never called).

After searching online for the last 2 WEEKS, and finding no definitive answers as to actually fix this problem, CKnospe's option actually worked, but I had to do one thing first: <Removed>

I was going to install and uninstall the program to see if it did anything, since AI Charger didn't show up on the populated programs list.

There were 3 options after I unzipped and loaded setup. Repair, Install and The bottom option was "REMOVE"

I chose remove, as I didn't even know the program was on my computer (didn't show up on the populated programs list) and it forced a restart.

After restart: BOOM, all my USB's are WORKING.

Hope anyone looking for an answer to this tries what I did. I can't express how happy I am with this easy peasy fix. Seriously joygasm here.

Peace.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.