WIndows 8 64bit - 3.4gb ram after windows update

Hey , this is my first post usually I find help in the forums without creating new topics , but this time i couldn't help myself .
I don't know if this is the correct sub forum .
I am running a Windows 8 Pro N 64-bit and after some windows updates the windows is registering just 3.44GB of ram when 4gb are actually installed . Both bios and cpu-z show the 4gb installed . The problem occured after installing updates and i suspect it's one of these -
Update for Windows 8 for x64-based Systems :
KB2785094
KB2779768
KB2811660
kb2836988
kb2855336
kb2795944
KB2822241
KB2845533
KB2770917
KB2768703
I had them for a while (about a week) ,  there was a problem and i couldn't install them right when i got them  . Yesterday i spend a few hours in here reading on problems with Windows update . Finally deleting downloaded files in the Windows\SoftwareDistribution did the trick , somewhat . I was able to download and install them but on small chunks 2-3 at a time . So that might be worth mentioning .There were also some security updates .
The most frustrating thing is before the update a had no problem what so ever . Who knows why i decided that i must install updates ...
I'll be grateful for any help !

edit: I forgot to list my system hardware :
CPU E5300 @ 2.6
motherboard ASRock G31M-VS
RAM : DDR2 2xKingston PC2-6400(400Mhz)
Graphics : nvidia GT640
Answer
Answer
The problem is fixed !
I activated the memory allocation in the bios . Now i have 4GB installed and 4 usable again . I even ran a 15 min stress test and it was able to use 3956mb of the memory installed .
The strange part is never changed anything in the BIOS settings since i installed win 8 on the machine , not to mention since yesterday ... How could that happen i have no idea .
I'm posting my solution if someone else tries to find help on similar subject .

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 1,440 Applies to: