win 8 samsung ativ smart pc BSOD. please help

The device does not wake up after sleep. Have to hard restart. And frequently gets bsod. Sent already details to Microsoft. But no reply.also in power options , there is only balanced. Nothing more. Keyboard also stopped working intermittently but the touchpad seems dead on keyboard.

|

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your question on Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to assist you better, please reply to these questions:

1.      What is the make and model of computer?

2.      Does the BSOD come frequently?

3.      Are you referring to minidump?

4.      Could you please resend the minidump for better understanding?

Let’s perform few methods to resolve the issue:

Method 1: Disable the third party antivirus:

1. Press “Windows key + C”.

2. Choose Search, and type in Control panel.

3. Under System and Security, clicking Review your computer's status.

4. Click the arrow button next to Security to expand the section.

5. If Windows can detect your antivirus software, it's listed under Virus protection.

6. If the software is on, check the Help that came with the software for information on disabling it.

Important Note: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Method 2: Clean Boot.

Perform clean boot to identify if any 3rd party service is causing this issue:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135?wa=wsignin1.0

Note: After performing the troubleshooting steps in clean boot, follow Step 3 from the link to start the computer to Normal start up mode.

As you have mentioned that the keyboard stops working in between:

I would like you to try out few methods:

Method 3: Open the Windows Update troubleshooter:

a.       Type "control Panel" on the start screen

b.      Open “Troubleshooter"

c.       Select "fix problems with Windows updates"

Method 4:  Update the chipset drivers and check.

Please post back if you are still experiencing the issue. I will be glad to provide you with additional options available that you can utilize to get this issue resolved.

If you need any further assistance, please reply and we will be happy to help you

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I also have problems with awake after sleep, need to make a restart of tablet. That happens quiet often.

Using Samsung ATIV Smart PC 500 model.

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

I had the same issue with my new Samsung Smart PC 500T 64GB model. The problem was the computer could not mount the Micro-SD card when waking up and I would have to hard restart the tablet. I bought a 64GB Micro-SD to add more functional space to the tablet, my intent was to leave the SD card in all of the time. Since I have removed the SD card the tablet's sleep function works properly, docked in the keyboard and alone.

Hope this helps.

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Same problem here.  Has been happening for about the last 2 months or so.  As a programmer it's one of the many reasons I never see Microsoft making serious inroads into the tablet market.  At a higher cost and lower quality than the iPad and Android devices this has been far to buggy from the start and just gets worse making it a horrible user experience.  There's absolutely no reason at all that a computer should never wake up from sleep mode yet alone this problem not be fixed in months.

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Also I've seen people say that you need to roll back the video driver to 9.14.3.1087 which I am going to try.  It's not the Micro-SD card causing problems on mine since it's empty.

I'll also say that if it only goes off for a few minutes then it will come back.  But if I leave it for say 30 minutes or an hour then it never turns back on.

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Same here in Norway with my EU model!

PC does not wake up after sleep. Also some times WiFi was not switching ON after Flight Mode so had to restart PC.

But think I made some steps that helped me and may help others.

What I did I made a refresh of PC and after that switched OFF all updates, including Windows and SW from Samsung, Later I stated to update drivers one by one with proximately a week in between.  Started with keyboard and touchpad driver (this will fix often connection lose between PC and keyboard) from SW, later digitizer, next will be sound driver update.

By doing this I will try to find out witch update causing this problems.

So far my tablet works very good. And problems like awake/WiFi/battery/micro SD card all are gone.

Also by default in power options PC have Samsung Optimized profile (works for me just fine, approx 9-10 hrs of movie watch, same time mail check online, also internet browsing during the day, some typing and so on) if you will make full update via SW for some reasons that profile will be gone and only "balanced" will be shown, on balanced profile by doing  more or less same operations during day I was able to get about not more than 8 hrs of PC work.

Hope this will help

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Hallo form Germany,

i had the same Problem with wake up after sleep. I did some tests like norgevik. I found a problem with the Bluetooth-Driver.

After all updates with the SW Updating tool my Bluetooth-Driver had the Version 12.0.0.3600. A friend of mine has the same tablet but no Problems with sleep, wake or something. After i was searching for differents between the tablets, i saw the version of the Bluetooth-Driver: 12.0.0.2200. And he could not update to the Version 12.0.0.3600 (confusing). So I found the older driver in the Internet, install it and it works.

After that i have no more problems with wake/sleep mode.

Hope this helps someone and sry for bad english

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the info but obviously users should not have to go to all of this trouble.  I can't believe with all of the various posts that Samsung and Microsoft has not resolved the problem yet.  I tired the clean boot and disabling all services and no luck.

It's also sad that the updates remove the Samsung Optimized Profile on mine also.

I guess I should have stuck with my old rule of never allowing any updates because obviously Microsoft and Samsung continue to screw things up rather than make them better.

Although the update for the motion sensing does seam to have reduced when the screen accidentally flips which was so horrible before that I had to use the manual lock button always.

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

DanielP85 you might be onto something there!!!  I shut off my Bluetooth and it actually wakes up now.  I'll do some more testing over the next few days.

Which Bluetooth driver are you talking about?  The one in the Device Manager of the WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software installed?  I'm looking at the versions of the dll files in the C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software and they look to be 12.0.0.2200 on mine but I had run the Windows Updates and Samsung Updates so I should have the latest of everything I would think.

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

You need to look in the SW Update tool from Samsung.

Here is a screenshot wich i made yesterday:

http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?file=ed243f-1362680197.jpg

You can see the Driver Version wich made my problems.

Today i installed the Driver 12.0.0.2200 (like i wrote obove).

http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?file=f265f6-1362680257.jpg

And interesting is that i can not update to the driver form yesterday anymore. Do someone made the same experiance? Looks like Samsung stopped this Bluetooth-Driver update.

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 30, 2019 Views 2,206 Applies to: