wedge touch mouse---Windows 8 computer does not recognize it

I have a Windows 8 computer (32 bit I think)---a Samsung ATIV smart pc.  I have previously installed last month) and continue to use the Microsoft Wedge keyboard with no problems.
I also installed a Microsoft Wedge Touch Mouse (just purchased in Dec. 2012); for a month or so it worked fine.  Suddenly yesterday it stopped working.  I had not installed any new programs since the last successful use.  It was listed as a device in devices and hardware  but I deleted it and tried (unsuccessfully) to reinstall it.  I tried turning the mouse on and off several times (as well as restarting the ATIV).  I changed the battery.  I consulted two other postings that seemed to address a similar problem on these forums.  All these have been to no avail.  There are no error messages but the computer does not allow me to add the Wedge Touch Mouse as a device.  Is this a warranty claim or is there something else that might make it work?

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I have previously installed last month) and continue to use the Microsoft Wedge keyboard

Do you have Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center installed?   You may have a Star Favorites key to use on your keyboard if so.   Then see what it says about your Mouse?

Also have you checked on Windows Update for optional updates?

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have checked for Windows updates; it is fully updated.  There is a Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center installed but I see nothing called a Star Favorites; it only says "No device detected." and also "If you have a Bluetooth device, you must first set up the Bluetooth connection."  This present various options, the most seemingly relevant of which is "http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811798".  That article does not provide any information that helps.

Sorry this didn't help.

I've encountered the same problem (Win 8 won't detect my Wedge mouse via Bluetooth, and when run the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center I get a "No Device Detected" error message). At this point haven't found a resolution.

I have no issues with a USB connected mouse, but hate to use up my only USB port on my Surface Pro to connect the mouse.

Any other recommendations are much appreciated!

Sorry this didn't help.

when run the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center I get a "No Device Detected"

Since you have the MMKC you should have the mousinfo.exe diagnostic tool.  What does it say?

BTW the Favorites Star key is on a Microsoft keyboard, so if you only have a Microsoft mouse you would have to find some other method of launching the MMKC, which apparently you have done.

HTH

Robert
---

Sorry this didn't help.

The data on the "Input monitor" tab does not respond in any way to movement or clicks on the device.

When I select the "Device Information" tab and uncheck the "Show attached devices only" checkbox I can select "Microsoft Wedge Touch Mouse (Mouse and Keyboard Center) - Remembered" In the "Select an installed device" drop down. The information all looks correct as best I can tell, and the Device Driver details list 4 files (point64.sys, mouhid.sys, mouclass.sys, and wdfcoinstaller01011.dll) . The first three show as started, a State of "Running" and a Status of "OK", while the dll is listed as "N/A" for all fields.

Is there a way to have Windows "unremember" the mouse and start over with the install?

FYI, in my case the problem MAY have started after I first connected my Surface Pro to an external monitor via the display port, but I hadn't used the mouse for a day or so prior to connecting the monitor so the two events might not be connected.

Thanks,

Chip

Sorry this didn't help.

Is there a way to have Windows "unremember" the mouse and start over with the install?

Does the hardware troubleshooter find anything to change?

BTW you're in the right forum as far as Answers goes but I think you might get more direct help from the MMKC Support menu link.   E.g. if you are in North America there is even an 1-800 number to use.   Otherwise there is a E-mail service which implies fairly reasonable response for free support.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/support/contact-us

Good luck

Robert
---

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for your assistance and the recommendation , Robert. I'll follow up using the contact info from the link.

Chip

Sorry this didn't help.

Forgot to return here and post the simple solution.

• Go to "Control Panel/Add a device".
  • While it's polling for devices, hold down the power button on the bottom of the mouse for more than 3 seconds (be sure you aren't holding down one of the mouse buttons... it's easy to do inadvertently).
  • The solid blue light on the bottom will start blinking and almost immediately the mouse should pop up on the list of available devices.
  • Select it and click "Next" button to pair the mouse with the computer.

Voila, the mouse should now be working. Not sure why the Surface Pro and wireless wedge mouse get disconnected, but it's now happened a couple times over a 6 week period.

Sorry this didn't help.

hold down the power button on the bottom of the mouse for more than 3 seconds

That would not have occurred to me.   Thanks for sharing your resolution.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the same problem and my Lenovo win 8 machine stopped recognizing the wedge mouse.  I can't seem to get it to find it.   It was paired and worked for a couple of days, but now it only says "offline" and "not detected".  It seems to find my other bluetooth mouse just fine.

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 24, 2018 Views 2,187 Applies to: