USB ports not working in Windows 8 after automatic update.

Hello,

There was an automatic update that occurred a couple of nights ago on my computer which I was unaware of until after I turned my computer back on the next day. The computer started up, then shut down and restarted about two more times -- a total of three restarts in all.

This is really annoying, because my Bluetooth also stopped working just days before. So I am completely paralyzed -- I have been using USB Keyboard and Mouse since the Bluetooth went bust. I can't log in.

The computer starts up as usual. The keyboard 'numlock' lights up, as does the optical light underneath the mouse; this happens just before the Windows loading screen. However once the Windows loading screen comes and the 'pearls' at the bottom start circulating, the mouse and keyboard go quiet. I am pretty sure that there are no hardware issues, and the keyboard and mouse work on my Mac just fine.

I've tried System Restore and Refresh PC options on the Startup Options page, but unfortunately my hard drive is unlocked, and System Restore won't work; it says I need to specify which Windows Installation to restore. I have also tried my options with the Windows CD.

Doing a full system restore is not really something I want nor feel I can really do. The sidenote being, I have school work on this machine in question, and it was already finished. Otherwise, I wouldn't have had any problems.

Has anyone had this problem before?
|
Answer
Answer
Hi, I just this problem, but I've noticed that the driver was disabled, when I enabled it, it works fine now.

3 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 18, 2020 Views 8,444 Applies to: