USB-IF xHCI USB host controller driver problem

My new Windows 8 in Sony VAIO has detected problem with the driver for USB-IF xHCI USB host controller, which Windows couldn't reinstall. What to do? I haven't made the recovery disks yet! Please reply...

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated September 16, 2019 Views 241,947 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
I saw this post today and the information provided helped me fix this issue. 

Click Here

The link basically says to visit the Intel website and use the Intel Driver Update Utility. The utility will automatically scan your computer for devices that are eligible for an update. Hope this helps you because it helped me. I also updated my Wireless driver while I was using the Intel Driver Update Utility since a newer driver was recently made available. 

This worked for me; however, I ended up having to uninstall the old Intel WiDi driver and then restarting my computer before the setup.exe file would run and install on my computer (dell inspiron). I did create a restore point in case it didn't work, but everything seems to be running smoothly!

I should also point out that just deleting the Intel WiDi driver also got rid of the yellow exclamation mark, and unless you are planning to try and connect to your computer to your TV wirelessly, I don't think it is something that you need. Here is a link that explains what the driver does:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/intel-wireless-display.html

46 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.