upgrade windows 8 Pro from XP Service Pack 3 OEMDrv.sys problem

After I upgraded from a clean Windows XP (I basically clean installed windows xp again before installing windows 8 upgrade)  but after everything is complete and ready system says windows hasn't been installed probably and after some restart, reinstall bla bla bla, it says its got something to do wit thread_handler OEMDrv.sys.  And refuses to start windows, I can go to safemode.  

OEMDrv.sys are a set of drivers, so there is something wrong with the drivers and its got to do with my motherboard which is ASUS P8B75MLX.  How do I update the OEMDrv drivers?  I am sure I have the drivers, but it won't allow me to do in safe mode.  

I have been trying to install windows 8 pro for the whole week.  Please help!!!

Thanks!

Did you actually run the Win8 update readyness tool prior to installing?

Doesnt matter whether winxp was a clean install first, since any upgrade to win 7 or win8 would in itself be a clean install.

Any drivers are obtained from that motherboard maker, if they actually have either win7 or win8 drivers, which I dont believe they do, only haveing winxp drivers

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks.  I did run it and it didn't have anything special on there.  The Motherboard does have win8 drivers as its Windows 8 ready when I bought it.  

I just don't know how to update the drivers.

Cheers!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 5, 2018 Views 297 Applies to: