Unable to install audio driver on Windows 8 64 bit

hi all I try all the fixes available on net but my laptop's audio driver Conexant 221 only works when I select option 7 (disable unsigned driver check ) in win8 64 bit even the drivers provided by the windows update are not install because of unsigned driver and no update of that driver is no made by HP but this driver works fine on win8 32bit I try y best to find a driver but no successes any solution ??????????????????????

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 1,555 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
 Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

From your issue description, I understand that you are unable to install audio driver Conexant 221 on Windows 8 64 bit.

Could you please answer the following questions so that I can help you in a better way.

1. Do you get any error message when you try to install this driver?
2. What is the model of the computer?
3. Have you made any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you check the information given below.

A signed driver is a device driver that includes a digital signature. A digital signature is an electronic security mark that can indicate the publisher of the software, as well as whether someone has changed the original contents of the driver package. If a driver has been signed by a publisher that has verified its identity with a certification authority, you can be confident that the driver actually comes from that publisher and hasn't been altered.

Windows cannot install this driver
A driver that lacks a valid digital signature, or that was altered after it was signed, can't be installed on x64-based versions of Windows. As a result, you will only see this message if you are running an x64-based version of Windows.

As you are getting this message when attempting to install a driver, you should visit your device manufacturer's support website to obtain a digitally signed driver for your device and check.

Hope the above information helps.
Do let us know if you have any other queries pertaining to Windows in the future. We will be happy to help.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.