Touchpad not working on Windows 8

My touchpad is not working after upgrading to Windows 8 Professional. I have a Lenovo Ultrabook u300s, the touchpad i believe is Cypress Trackpad. The mouse cursor simply doesnt move but I notice if I click the button it will response. I have installed the latest driver from manufacturer support website. The only way i can get it work is to remove the driver, but the standard drivers by Windows doesn't have the palm detection. Notice also the key button (F6) to disable the touchpad doesnt work anymore
Answer
Answer
This was so simple to fix. Anyone who is having this problem, just look at your function buttons on your laptop. If yours is anything like mine, then you have to press fn before pressing f2. If so, then, look at the keys and there is one with a little image of a mouse/no-mouse. On mine, it is key f5. When pressed without the fn button it locks the mousepad. With that said, I inadvertently locked my mouse after trying to press f5 to refresh a webpage. Hit it just once, and the lock comes off.

That is a seriously pesky feature...
Search Engine Marketing Analyst

80 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
Hi 
I just had this problem with my Packard bell windows 8 laptop, i tried different ways to sort it and nothing worked. i went onto my laptop settings and i had locked my touch pad without realizing and now it works fine, might be worth checking. hope this helps. 

91 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 1, 2020 Views 186,477 Applies to: