Touch screen doesn't work consistently

hi. i have bought an acer touch screen aspire v5 122p laptop. for the first few days, the touch screen works fine. then suddenly, it doesnt. i already tried to update, and reinstall appropriate drivers for it but still is doesnt workk. btw, my screen doesnt have any cracks aat all. i also cant find the pen and touch option under hardware and sound

...and another thing, i have tried to view the PC info and the "Pen and Touch" says no pen and touch input is available for this display :(

i hope someone could help me solving this problem. thanks :)

Hi Michelle,

I appreciate the efforts which you have put to try to resolve the issue. Please write to us with the following details.

1. How did you uninstall and reinstall the driver?
  2. Did you make any changes to touch settings prior to this issue?

You could face this issue due to corrupt Human Interface drivers. Touchscreen property of a laptop is controlled by Human Interface drivers. Therefore I would suggest you to check for the Human Interface drivers under Device manager. Check for any error message under Human Interface drivers. Follow the steps given below.

Follow the steps given below to uninstall the drivers

1. Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
  2. Search for Human Interface Devices and expand it.
  3. Check for the ! mark error  or ? mark error.

I checked the manufacturer’s website but there was no Human Interface driver for this device. You can refer to the link given below.

Aspire V5-122P

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

Therefore I would suggest you to contact the manufacturer. You can contact the manufacturer on the link given below.

Acer Community

http://community.acer.com/t5/Acer-Community/ct-p/en?profile.language=en&stoprd=true

Write to us if you have any other issue related to Windows.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

hi mr. PranavMishra5582, ive reinstalled the driver using acer recovery management (based on youtube). no, i didnt change any touch settings before the issue. there's no error in HID.

...after the inconsistency of my touch screen, ive also tried to update driver softwares under HID, Monitors, and dispaly adapters (suggested by my friend) but still it doesnt work. so, i decided to restore factory settings under recovery management hoping that my touch screen will go back to normal :)) still, it doesnt work. so i guess your advice will be my last option. thank you for your response :) *thumbs up*

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for the reply.

I would suggest you to try to update the chipset drivers once and check if it helps.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

hi mr. , is this the chipset driver you're referring to?
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=20775

uhmm, for a while, my touchscreen works again. i have checked the "pen and touch" under PC info and it says "full windows touch support with 10 touch points."

but then, the inconsistency strikes again.  and the "pen and touch" now says "limited touch support with 2 touch points". what does it means?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Michelle,

Touchscreens support a feature called multi-touch, the ability to recognize the presence of more two or more points of contact with the touchscreen surface. For example, you can use two fingers at the same time to perform a specific tasks like pinch/stretch. Some touchscreens allow two touch points whereas others allow multiple touch points.

You can refer the steps given in the link below.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-windows_install/limited-touch-support/64b7badd-4346-4ae7-8d75-379357360db4

I checked the Acer website there is no chipset drivers available for this model, there fore I suggest you to contact Acer once and check if they can assist you.  

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 19, 2024 Views 912 Applies to: