Question

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION(win32.sys) BSOD

Uday Kiran Reddy Kollareddy asked on
 I am Getting a BSOD in Win 8 saying SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION(win32.sys)
This is really troubling me, when I am in work. Please help me..,
Thanks in Advance...,
P.S:
Mother Board: BIOSTAR G31M
Processor : Pentium(R) Dual Core E5500 2.80GHz
Operating System: Windows 8 64 bit
Graphic Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 610
RAM: 3GB

P.S.S:
I also updated all the drivers

Dump File:
3 people had this question

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
Patrick Barker replied on

Great, thanks!

The attached DMP file is of the SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b) bug check.

This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.

This error has been linked to excessive paged pool usage and may occur due to user-mode graphics drivers crossing over and passing bad data to the kernel code.

1. Ensure you have the latest video card drivers. If you are already on the latest video card drivers, uninstall and install a version or a few versions behind the latest to ensure it's not a latest driver only issue. If you have already experimented with the latest video card driver and many previous versions, please give the beta driver for your card a try.

2. In your loaded drivers list, dtsoftbus01.sys is listed which is the Daemon Tools driver. Daemon Tools is a very popular cause of BSOD's in 7/8 based systems. Please uninstall Daemon Tools. Alternative imaging programs are: MagicISO, Power ISO, etc.

3. I see Tune Up Utilities is installed. What do you use it for? If you're using it to clean the registry, STOP. Do not ever clean the registry as it can and will cause OS corruption because automated cleaning software is very careless.

Regards,

Patrick
Debugger/Reverse Engineer.
Be the first person to mark this helpful

Abuse history

progress