Sony Vaio SVT14113CNS error DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (iaStorA.sys) [Intel Rapid Storage Technology] On Windows 8 x64

from 30th march im getting this error on windows's start up.

when i starts my laptop "VAIO " logo comes with "Preparing Automatic Repairs". after 2-4 seconds "processing circular loop" pause for 1 sec & "Blue Screen" comes with

"Your PC ran into a Problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you"

error "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (iaStorA.sys)"

i know its related to Intel Rapid Storage Technology.

i had backup my data from C: & D: drive via Ubuntu live Installed On Pen drive to a Portable HDD. 

now i just need to enter into recovery mode. 

when i press "Assist-- > Recovery & Maintain" then again it goes Blue Screen.

1) im thinking enabling "Safe Mode " on start up. because if it goes enable on startup i can un-install the Intel Rapid Storage Tech. Drivers.

Please tell how can i do it , because i can browse the Windows Files by Pendrive Ubuntu live.

2) 2nd one is i can also browse my "Recovery Partition" , so please do tell me how can i use that "partition data" to something copy paste to pendrive..

My Recovery Partition has "sources" folder & also sources---> install.wim (9.05Gb)

"sources" folder is total size 17.9Gb.

if you (microsoft) can help me with the 1st idea to enabling safe mode on startup then it would be very very helpful. please.

just need the bypass to my window's troubleshot & then i can start my recovery.

thnx.

Answer
Answer

Hi Navdeep,

Since the report clearly states that the Intel rapid driver is the root cause of the
issue, we can try performing system restore to an earlier point to undo the update by booting to the Recovery Partition.

You may refer to the Sony guide to know more about System Recovery Problems:

http://community.sony.com/t5/Windows-8/Windows-8-Upgrade-Troubleshooting-FAQ/td-p/41893

http://genesis.sony-europe.com/instranet/ccil_sony/selfservice/searcher.jsp?DocId=125104&l=en_GB&m=null

To go to safe mode from the Recovery Partition configured on your computer, you can
follow the below instructions.

Once you are on the Recovery Partition you will be asked to press any key to load its
content, do so.
First, you are asked to choose your keyboard layout. Press the layout you want to use. If you want to browse through the available options, press "See more keyboard
layouts"
until you find the one you want to use.

Windows asks you to choose an option. Press Troubleshoot.

In the Troubleshoot screen, press Advanced options.

In the Advanced options screen, press Startup Settings.

You are informed that you are about to restart in order to change several Windows options, including enabling Safe Mode. Press Restart.

Your computer or device restarts again and displays nine startup settings, including Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking and Safe Mode with Command Prompt

Press the F4 key on your keyboard, to enable Safe Mode, F5 to enable Safe Mode with Networking and F6 to enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt. Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 now boot according to the setting you selected.

Hope it helps. Please keep us posted in case you need more help on issues related to Windows.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 10, 2019 Views 311 Applies to: