Samsung Series 3 Laptop Touchpad Drivers?

Hi all, 

I have a lovely new Samsung series 3 laptop and the Synaptics touchpad worked really well with Win8 and the slide from the side gestures for the charms and multitasking sidebars was awesome, but I had the pad flake out on me and reinstalled the drivers and it hasn't been the same since. First of all no gestures worked, pinch/scroll et all, but another driver fixed them, but the sliding from the edges is still not working and the interface didn't look as advanced as I remember. 

On downloading a different driver manually, higher number on it than the newest one windows could find, I found the interface gave me the option for the side gestures, but on turning it on, my mouse would go crazy and act like I was tapping the right click, stick to the centre of the screen, and any gestures would nearly crash the system so clearly something was wrong.

Can someone please tell me what driver I need and where from? The Samsung website it'self is terrible!

So many thanks it hurts!
|
Answer
Answer

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and providing us an opportunity to help you.

As per the issue, you are having a tough time working on the laptop as there are issues with the touchpad which does not function properly.

I would suggest you to refer to the manufacturer website to check for the latest touchpad driver for Windows 8.

You can follow the methods:

Method 1:

Let’s check if there is any issue with the touch pad on the laptop by performing hardware and Device troubleshooter.

You can refer to the link:

Follow the section “Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter

Method 2:

If the troubleshooter does not help, then you may have to download latest touchpad driver and install the driver on the laptop.

If the latest touchpad driver is not available for Windows 8, then, I would suggest you to download the latest driver for the touchpad device and install the driver in Windows 7 compatibility mode.

You can refer to the link to download the latest touchpad driver form the manufacturer website:

Please follow the steps to uninstall the touchpad driver currently installed and install the latest driver in Windows compatibility mode:

Note: Before uninstalling the touchpad driver currently installed, please make sure that you have downloaded the latest driver for the touchpad device.

a) Press Windows and x key on your desktop and click on Device Manager.
b) Expand ‘Mouse and other pointing device’.
c) Locate the Touchpad driver.
d) Right-click on the driver icon and click on Uninstall.
e) Locate the folder which contains the setup file for the latest driver that you have downloaded.
f) Right click on the setup file and click on Properties.
g) Go to compatibility tab and check the box which states “Run the program in compatibility mode for”.
h) Select Windows 7 form the drop down list.
i) Click on OK.
j) Follow the onscreen instruction to install the driver in compatibility mode.

Hope it helps.

Please write us back stating the status of this issue if it still persists.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
Hey,

Thanks for the help but the Samsung site itself is terrible and the drivers it offers do not work. I've always found troubleshooters to be pretty poor and once again this wasn't that great. 

But still SUCCESS! I did some sleuthing on another forum and was pointed directly to Synaptics download section where they have a Win8 compatible driver that nobody else seems to have yet. Installed that and now everything is just as it was before. 

Here's the link for anyone looking..

http://www.synaptics.com/resources/drivers

Great stuff.

Dan,

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 6, 2020 Views 20,223 Applies to: