Problem when moving from metro UI to desktop UI in windows 8

I use a VAIO VPCZ13 with dual graphics card (Intel and NVIDIA Geforce cuda). In windows 8 when i use the intel graphics card (stamina mode), i don't have any problem when i swift between metro UI and desktop UI. But, using the NVIDIA (speed mode), returning from metro UI to desktop UI, i have problem with "refreshing" the desktop. I mean that as background remaind the metro background and only if i move the mouse to the horizontal top windows appears the real wallpaper for dekstop (or if i hit the F5 function key!).

Is this a problem with NVIDIA driver (it comes from SONY), or probably a parameter in windows (i.e. in registry)?

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 86 Applies to:

Hi Elias,

Thank you for choosing Microsoft Community Forums.

As per the description, you have issues moving from metro UI to desktop UI using NVIDIA  graphics card.

This issue occurs if the driver is incompatible with Windows 8. I would suggest you to uninstall the driver and reinstall it in Windows 7 compatibility mode. Before that, please check if there is a driver for Windows 8 and install it.

Method 1: Use a troubleshooter to fix the issue:

a. Type "Troubleshooting" on the start screen and hit enter

c. Click on “Hardware and Sound”

d. Select Hardware and devices,

e. Run the troubleshooter and restart the computer.

Method 2: Uninstall the software for the phone and install in Windows 7 compatibility mode:

a) Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

b) Right-click on the driver and click on ‘properties’.

c) Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 7 operating system from the drop down.

d) Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

For reference:

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Please post back if you are still experiencing the issue. I will be glad to provide you with additional options.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.