On windows 8 sometimes my graphics driver seems to crash.

I am using windows 8 and my graphics card is Nvidia N210 so sometimes while playing medium quality or some very much low quality games that need 256MB or 512MB Graphics Memory my game ends with a blank screen and This message appears that Graphics driver stoped responding and recovered successfully.But My graphics hardware doesn't have any problem so the problem is software problem maybe.Tried updating the driver version and also changing games setting and driver setting too nothing worked.NEED HELP.AND MY PC PERFECTLY SUPPORT WINDOWS 8.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 82 Applies to:

Hi Rakibul,

To assist you better I would appreciate if you could answer the following questions:

1)      Does this issue specific while playing a particular game?

2)      Are you referring to an online game or is it installed on the computer?

3)      What is the complete error message?

It could be due to the corrupted drivers or compatibility issue. Check if the game is compatible with Windows 8 Operating System.

Compatibility Center

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/win8/CompatCenter/Home?Language=en-US

Method 1: First I would suggest you to roll back to the previous driver.

a)      Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.

b)      Click Device Manager.

c)       Double-click on Display Adapters.

d)      Double-click on your NVIDIA N210.

e)      Select the Driver Tab

f)       Click on Roll Back Driver.

Method 2: I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the latest version of graphic card from the manufacturer’s website.

Uninstall and reinstall the display drivers:

a)      Press Windows Key + R, type devmgmt.msc.

b)      Expand the graphic card, click on the drivers.

c)       Click on properties, click on uninstall tab.

d)      Click OK.

I would suggest you to reboot the computer to update the drivers.

In case not able to update the graphic card Drivers I would suggest you to manually download and install the drivers from the Manufacturer’s website and check.

Refer to the link to download the driver.

http://www.nvidia.in/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-in

Method 3: Boot the computer in Clean Boot and check.

Perform Clean Boot.

To help troubleshoot error messages and other issues, you can start Windows 8 by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.

Please refer to the link and follow the steps and check.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Please refer to the section “How to determine what is causing the problem by performing a clean boot”

Important: Reset the computer to start to normal startup.

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow these steps to boot to normal startup.

a)      Press the ‘Windows + R’ key on the keyboard.

b)      In the ‘Run’ window type ’MSCONFIG’ and click ‘Ok’.

c)       On the ‘General’ tab, click the ‘Normal Startup’ option, and then click ‘OK’.

d)      When you are prompted to restart the computer, click ‘Restart’.

After you determine the startup item or the service that causes the problem, contact the program manufacturer to determine whether the problem can be resolved.

If you need further assistance regarding Windows, please feel free to post. We will be happy to help you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.