No graphics card options in AMD Catalyst Control Center

After updating from Windows 7 to Windows 8 my graphics card options have disappeared from AMD Catalyst Control Center. I have a Sapphire HD7750. I have tried re installing drivers 5 times, and I have tried running the install package as administrator as well.
The only options in the Control Center are: Pinned, Presets, Performance and Power. I need these graphics card options to adjust anti-aliasing.

Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated September 15, 2019 Views 10,282 Applies to:

Hi Herded,

I am sorry to hear that you are not able to use the graphic card options from your video card. I will do my best to help you get the issue resolved, however if the issue is with the hardware, you might have to contact the manufacturer.

I have checked with the graphic card drivers from the manufacturer website and it seems the drivers for Windows 8 is not available. Therefore you might want to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps. you may also contact the manufacture to know if Windows 8 drivers would be made available soon.

a) Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
b) Right-click on the driver and click on properties.
c) Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select Windows 7 operating system from the drop down.
d) Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Hope this helps and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to help.

Rohit Chettri
Forum Moderator

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi, I downloaded the windows 7 graphics card driver off of Sapphire's website: "AMD Catalyst™ driver features support Radeon™ HD 7700 Series". I then ran it in compatibility mode for Windows 7, and as it was analyzing it paused on "Enumerating source media for installable packages".
I have tried it over and over. I have also done your above steps to this package: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonaiw_win8-64.aspx
Which is the latest version of catalyst control center. Again I have tried this multiple times.
I don't think that it allows you to install it in compatibility mode for some reason. The installation only works without compatibility mode, but then my graphics card options don't show up.
Any more suggestions?

Thanks.

Sorry this didn't help.

So the AMD drivers dont work either??

Sorry this didn't help.

No, sadly. But when I look on my device manager it says that the HD7750 driver is installed: "AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM v1.20)". It is just the Catalyst Control Center that isn't working properly, but it probably has something to do with the drivers.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey, I just thought I would let you know that my graphics card's options came back. I don't know exactly why but I can give you some possibilities:

-Bought games on steam
-Installed CPU-Z
-Installed Garry's Mod

SOLVED

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Glad you're up and running...I was just getting ready to reply that I had just purchased a HIS Radeon HD7750, and installed the latest 12.10 drivers from AMD, and it works flawlessly.

Windows 8 had installed it's own drivers after detecting New Hardware that worked fine, but no Catalyst.

No issues at all installing the newest from AMD.

Sorry this didn't help.

The problem isn't that the Catalyst Control Center is being upgraded, the problem is that the AMD Vision Engine Control Center is being installed.

To get back the options once you've upgraded, uninstall/downgrade to version 11.11. This will give you an AMD Vision Control Center, replacing the old Catalyst Control Center  It still has the advanced options that were missing.

Next, install the latest driver by doing a Custom install and deselecting the AMD Vision Control Engine. That will preserve the keep those options while still upgrading everything else.

Sorry this didn't help.

thkx dude............ u r crct its wrk,i am in big  trouble i cant adjust graphics settings in catalyst all settings were dissapeared aftr the installation of win 8,aftr using "compabality method" its work ;-)

Sorry this didn't help.