MULTITOUCH Problem with WINDOWS 8 OEM 32Bit FULL-Version

Hello from Germany,

I installed Windows 8 32-Bit OEM full- version (normal not Pro version) on my Wetab Tablet (equal to ExoPC Slate). All Win 8 Preview Versions worked great with system. (It's a 2-finger Touchscreen)

BUT Windows 8 final detects the touchscreen just a mouse (and not as a Microsoft configuration Input device as on other systems )  - i can not use the gestures. In the "PC Info" it's said, that there is no "Pen and Touch" available on this system - but it was available with all preview Versions - so it must be a software problem. 

I tried all drivers I could get (specific and generic ones) - no different result.

The strange thing is, that the Windows 8 UPGRADE version works great- even if it was a complete new installation -  and without any problem - all gestures work.

Hope you can help me (and many others with the same problem on different computers).

Greetz,

Gunnar 

|
Hello,

same problems here. My WeTab Touchscreen is not working "as Touchscreen". My Home-Computer with Acer T230H Monitor have the same problem. Windows 8 PRO OEM means that is a mouse.

Please fix it!

Dear,

Tino

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello,

the simple solution seems to be, that the OEM version is a restricted version, for being installed on NEW, Windows 8 certified Computers ONLY!!!!!  The working drivers from the NON OEM versions for "older" computers (although the new ones arne't availlable yet), are simply NOT in the OEM version!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Make this, and all will be work: 

1. deinstall all software for your touchdisplay
2. deinstall your graphiccard (device-manager)
3. make a reboot
4. after that your wetab install automatic the graficcard, it can take up to 10 minutes
5. all good - all work 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Make this, and all will be work: 

1. deinstall all software for your touchdisplay
2. deinstall your graphiccard (device-manager)
3. make a reboot
4. after that your wetab install automatic the graficcard, it can take up to 10 minutes
5. all good - all work 

Thanks tooliload!

Well meanwhile, i found your solution in other Forums too (nevertheless Big Thanks!!! ) - with one problem:

With the next time booting Win 8, it's all like before - it seems, that the changes are not permanent. Can you confirm that?

And BTW:

It seems, I was right, because I found in the Support section:

System builder versions of Windows 8 require Windows 8-certified hardware to enable touch.

So, there is a difference of the OEM and Upgrade oder Retail version. By reading other posts, it seems, that it's controlled by differnet licence keys, not by different release versions...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello, 

i have installed on my desktop-computer (with Acer T230H Monitor) the full windows 8 pro x64 version with licence from diskcover. On my wetab, is the same version of windows 8, just another key from windows 8 upgrade version. 

Follow the Step-by-Step from tooliload replied on  October 31, 2012 this is working now perfectly since 5 days - after reboots, resets, shutdowns ... 

I have installed: 
- crystalhd 3.6.9
- Chrontel 3.1

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 850 Applies to: