Major issues with Nvidia Device Drivers (SP36213.exe) for my HP Pavillion TX 2050EA laptop

Hello,

I upgraded to Windows 8 Pro yesterday and seem to be having issues with installing the graphics card drivers. As one would expect, Windows 8 locates the device and the associated driver pack through Windows Update. For some reason however, when running the .exe, the application closes down before getting to the installation screen.

I have installing some other drivers from the HP website (the 6150 go drivers), these install but after a restart, my Win 8 start screen tiles vanish (and I mean all of them) making the laptop useless.

I have no idea how to fix this issue and I find it extremely frustrating, especially as I've paid for an upgrade you'd think is seamless.

Any help anyone can provide would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Kashif

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 375 Applies to:

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

From the issue description, it appears that you are facing issues with Nvidia Drivers in Windows 8.

I will certainly help you with this issue.

You may face this issue if there are no drivers installed for the Operating System.

It looks like for your computer there are no Windows 8 drivers available from the computer manufacturer website. However, you may try install the drivers in windows vista compatibility mode in Windows 8 and check.

Refer to the links

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=2100&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=3665141#N283

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

I would also suggest you to contact the computer manufacturer to check for the availability of latest drivers for Windows 8.

Please feel free to post if you have any issues regarding Windows. We will be glad to assist you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. The explanation you give seems to make sense but this is slightly different. Windows 8 actually automatically detects the drivers through windows update. I followed your advice and tried to run it though the compatibility mode but it wouldn't work.

I then tried the device drivers you specified. These were the same ones I located myself and caused my icons to vanish. I'll try contacting HP to see what they have to say, it is very confusing to me as this sort of thing should in essence be seamless.

Any other help you can give would be really useful and appreciated.

Many thanks,

Kashif

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.