hello, I found this informations at a comment for (Joshua T) great thanx for him btw, at this website http://aaron-kelley.net/blog/2012/10/installing-the-samsung-ml-1210-printer-driver-on-windows-8/
and tried it on my win 8.1 x64 with my lexmark e210 and it fully functioned ... just follow the instructions carefully :)
1. Using WinRAR, extract the ML-2250_Win7_GDI.exe into a folder (if you don’t know how to do this, search Google for an answer)
2. Open Control Panel > View devices and printers
3. At the top of the window, click “Add a printer”
4. In the window that appears, click “The printer that I want isn’t listed”
5. Click the radio button that says “Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings” and then click ‘Next’
6. Choose “Use an existing port:” and leave it at “LPT1: (Printer Port)”, then click “Next” (Note: we will change the port after the printer is installed)
7. Click the button labeled “Have Disk…”, and in the window that appears, click the button labeld “Browse…”
8. In the “Locate File” dialog, browse to the folder you extracted the ML-2250_Win7_GDI.exe into, and navigate to “Printer\GDI\VISTA_64″
9. Click the file called “SPLV1.INF” and then click “Open” and then click “OK”
10. Scroll through the list of printers and select “Samsung ML-1200 Series” and then click “Next”
11. Here you can name the printer whatever you want or just accept the default. Click “Next”
12. If you want to share this printer, enter the information here, or if not, click “Do not share this printer”, and then click “Next” and click “Finish”
13. In the “Devices and Printers” window, right-click the printer that we just added, and choose “Printer properties”
14. Click the tab labeled “Ports” and scroll down the list until you find “USB001″, then select it and click “OK”
15. Voila! Your printer is now fully functional!
16 people found this reply helpful
Was this reply helpful?
Sorry this didn't help.
Great! Thanks for your feedback.
How satisfied are you with this reply?
Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.