Latest graphics driver update makes Bluestacks crash

I have a Surface Pro. I have been running the Bluestacks beta for some time. It was worked well enough until yesterday. After Windows Update installed an updated graphics driver (Intel HD Graphics 4000), BlueStacks crashes whenever I try to run it. When I uninstalled BlueStacks and tried to reinstall it, it wouldn't install. It gave me the message that my graphics driver was not recognized. I can try rolling back the driver or installing the generic Intel driver. Any other suggestions?

Question Info

Last updated April 18, 2019 Views 45,492 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

When I uninstalled BlueStacks and then tried to reinstall it, the installation process stopped and an error message came up, saying that BlueStacks did not recognize the graphics card. That did not happen before the last Microsoft hardware update on May 14.

I did find a solution elsewhere, which I will share here. It seems that Microsoft uses a customized version of the Intel HD 4000 graphics driver for the Surface Pro. It was the new update to that customized driver that caused the incompatibility with BlueStacks. Solution? I went to the Intel site and downloaded the newest "generic" Intel HD 4000 graphics driver. BlueStacks works fine, and nothing else seems to be compromised.

Thank you for your suggestions, but it appears that I won't need to use them.

PS: If the Windows Store ever gets the six or eight Android apps I use on BlueStacks, I won't need to use BlueStacks again!

6 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
Rolling back to the previous driver worked for me.  Seems the 5/14 update created an incompatibility with Bluestacks.

4 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.