I need video/display drivers for my Dell Inspiron 6000 with Windows 8.

I need video/display drivers for my Dell Inspiron 6000 with Windows 8.  Laptop is Intel Pentium M processor 2.00 GHz RAM, 32-bit Operating System, x86-based processor.  My resolution is not at the proper level and videos have trouble playing.

I have gone to ATI site and when I try to download their drivers, they will not install because they do not recognize the Windows 8 operating system.  The Dell site is for Windows XP operating system.

Thanks for any help.

[Moved from feedback]
Answer
Answer
Solved - Finally

2 essential steps

1 https://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kcs/document?c=us&l=en&s=gen&docid=DSN_179256&isLegacy=true#Issue5
Dell rebuilds must be loaded in a particular order Before drivers are installed, ie chipset and controllers Then the drivers for resolution etc. They are Specific on this.

then;

2 CharlesGrimes comment "...searching on my computer for Dell drivers under old windows files and the old drivers were loaded." I had tried this but no good. So went into a Ghost image of Dell when resolution was good on Win7, Recovered files from windows/System32 which has old drivers. Did the update driver under Display adapters [Device Manager] and manually searched through above recovered files from previous win7 instal and YES They loaded this time.

Oh what a relief to have Top resolution. The whole experience had taught me how snappy Win8 is, I have picked up a heap shortcut ways around the OS and it is growing on me. Win8 Pro runs better on this old machine than its original XP Home and the Win7. 
Thanks Carlos and others for your info which led to my positive resolution.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 5, 2021 Views 4,834 Applies to: