i just purchased a Dell XPS; Windows 8 desktop however.my cannonMX870 IS CONFIGURED FOR wINDOWS 7.Can someone please explain how to change?

I recently purchased a Dell XPS; wINDOWS 8 Desktop computer but my Cannon MX870 Printer is configured for Windows 7.cAN SOMEONE PLEASE COME TO OUR AID ON HOW TO FIX THIS SO WE CAN USE OUR PRINTER? tHANKS TO ANYTHING?

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 48 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
I recently purchased a Dell XPS; wINDOWS 8 Desktop computer but my Cannon MX870 Printer is configured for Windows 7.cAN SOMEONE PLEASE COME TO OUR AID ON HOW TO FIX THIS SO WE CAN USE OUR PRINTER? tHANKS TO ANYTHING?
Canon.
They make the printer, they support it.

Your printer is not 'configured' for Windows 7.  It just sits there and waits for contact with whatever operating system you may use - and whether it can correctly interpret that or not is determined by the software and drivers provided by Canon for your device on the operating system you are using (Apple OS X, Linux, Windows XP-Windows 8, etc.)

You said you have a Canon PIXMA MX870.  Here is its web page:
http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mx_series/pixma_mx870

Download and install the software/drivers for your new operating system *if* Canon sees fit to support that particular device under Windows 8.  (They do - I checked.)
.-
Shenan Stanley
MVP 2005-2011 & 2013-2015
Insider MVP 2016-
.-

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.