I cannot get my Canon MP640 Navigator to work with Windows 8. All the other features work. I can use the printer and the maintenance features but no longer able to scan to pdf etc

I have bought windows 8 and tried to reload my canon mp640 supporting programs including Canon MP640 Navigator used to scan to pdf file etc.

Everything works fine except the Navigator program.  I cannot open it but get the following message "Cannot start the MP Navigator EX" It tells me then to check that the power is on etc...all of which is ok.  I can print and copy with the printer and I can even use the Canon My Printer option to clean the heads etc.  Any ideas folks?

Hi ShirleyDavid,

Welcome to Microsoft community. I would request to send us additional information as listed below to assist you better.

1. Was it working fine earlier?
2. Have you made any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

I would suggest you to try these methods and check the issue status.

Method 1:
I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.
Follow the steps:
a. Press “Windows key + W”.
b. Type “Troubleshooting” in the Search box without quotes and hit enter.
c. Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.
d. Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.
e. Follow the On Screen instructions.

Method 2:
I would suggest you to install the printer in “Compatibility mode” and then check if this fixes the issue.
Follow these steps:
a. Right click on the driver setup file and select “Properties”.
b. Select “Compatibility” Tab.
c. Make a check mark next to Run this program in “Compatibility mode” and select previous version of Windows supported by the software, from the drop down list.
d. Then click on “Apply” and “Ok” option.
e. Then install the driver, then restart the computer and then check if this fixes the issue.

If you need further help, reply us with more information, we’ll be happy to help you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 1,284 Applies to: