HP LaserJet P1009 Printer - NOT COMPATIBLE WITH WINDOWS 8 ...........Where is the Full Solution Printer Driver....?????

I am getting increasingly frustrated with WINDOWS 8 as it has deemed many of my " add on" technologies e.g. my scanner, my HP LaserJet P1009 Printer and a few other devices " INCOMPATIBLE" or left them not working at all. Luckily I was able to download a software " driver" for my HP scanner, which is now working....

As for my HP LaserJet P1009 Printer, its going to the tip (rubbish dump).....pity......... :-(

Since January 2013, when I purchased my new laptop with Windows 8, I have had nothing but problems with this printer. I tried re-installing the printer software, with the original CD but that did not work. I have constantly checked the HP website for a Full Solution Printer Driver (compatible with Windows 8), but have been waiting ever since...Its now near the end of May 2013. I need to be able to print coz I re-start my uni course (via correspondence) in July.  Bye Bye HP, Hello another Printer company.....

try going to http://www8.hp.com/us/en/support-drivers.html. Type in you r printer name and model number and follow instructions and if the driver is available  you will be able to install it. Hope this helps and if you need any further assistance post and we will be glad to help you.

The above opinion is mine and mine alone and doesn't necessarily reflect that of Microsoft, it's employees, or any other member of this forum.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the Universe." -John Muir

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You would be forgiven for giving up on installing the P1009 on Win 8. 

HP seem determined to not support this worthy printer. The solution is simple enough as I discovered after getting cross with the prospect of buying a near identical printer with a near identical toner cartridge.

Simply delve under the bonnet and install a printer manually from the Control Panel. Choose the option that says 'my printer is not listed' and install manually.

When you get the list of printers pick the HP printers and look for the laserjet range. You wont find the  p1009 but you will find close relations such as the p1005 . Don't select 'have disk' ( it wont work even if you have) or 'find driver' ( you'll end up in the HP mire again)..just click ok and it will install the already on board drivers for Win 8 and all will be fine..promise

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 1, 2020 Views 1,838 Applies to: