Getting my LexMark X1130 to work with Windows 8

I recently replaced my old Toshiba laptop with a new one running windows 8 (the old one was running XP).

After setup I plugged in my LexMark X1130 all in one printer expecting it to load as it had with the previous computer.
This was not the case and when I checked the Lexmark site did not find a driver for my printer.

The printer is in very good condition and I have been very happy with it using it sometimes to make photocopies and
scan documents.  It has never failed me and I do not want to just junk it and get a new one.

Is there a way we could get it to work and print for me with Windows 8?  Please tell me what to do.

Thank you.

Ellen Bird

Email:  *** Email address is removed for privacy ***
Answer
Answer

Hi Barbara,

Thank you for the reply and glad to know that the issue has been resolved.

If you have any issues with Windows  in the future, please feel free to post in Microsoft Community Forums and we'll be glad to assist you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi Ellen,

You need not buy a new printer.

LexmarkX1130 is not compatible with Windows 8 and Window 7. Please refer to the article:
http://support.lexmark.com/index?productCode=LEXMARK_X1130&page=product&locale=EN&userlocale=EN

I would suggest you to uninstall the driver and reinstall it in Windows 7 compatibility mode to make it work.

Step 1: To uninstall the old driver:

a. Type device manager on the start screen and hit enter
b. Right click on the driver and uninstall it.

Step 2: To install the driver in Windows 7 compatibility mode:

a) Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
b) Right-click on the driver and click on ‘properties’.
c) Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 7 operating system from the drop down.
d) Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Please post back if you are still experiencing the issue. I will be glad to provide you with additional options.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 12, 2020 Views 949 Applies to: