I am trying to connect a Konica Minolta bizhub 423 to my laptop factory installed with Windows 8. This is a personal computer being connected to a printer/copier at a school.
Previously when one connected the printer to Windows Vista and Windows 7, you would do the following:
1. Go to the control panel and click on the option for printers.
2. Right click on the Konica Minolta icon then choose printing preferences.
3. Click the basic tab.
4. click the Authentication/Account Track button.
5. Enter the authentication code and press verify.
6. Print to your hearts delight.
Now, on Windows 8, the following happens.
1. Go to control panel and click on the option for printers.
2. Right click on the Konica Minolta icon and choose printing preferences.
3. The only tabs that appear are Layout and Paper/Quality which are useless in this endeavor. The advanced settings are no help either.
4. Get frustrated and try right clicking and choosing printer properties. This brings up a box that includes the following tabs: general, sharing, ports, advanced, color management, security, device settings.
---none of these contain the Authentication/Account Track button either.
So where did it go? How do I find it? Is the device not compatible with Windows 8? When I look online for the compatibility it says unknown. Why would you make an operating system that cannot be compatible with relatively new printers?