Error Code: 0x00000f and Error Code 2000-0142 on Windows 8.

Original title: Error Code: 0x00000f on Windows 8.

Okay, my brother's computer started showing Error Code: 0x00000f right after his laptop (Dell Inspiron 3520, Windows 8) performed a series of Automatic Repairs (his words). He does not have his Windows disc with him. 

It gives us three options in the Error Code: 0x00000f screen: Press Enter to try again (it led me back to the same Error Code message), Press F8 for Startup Settings (led me back to same Error Code message), and Press Esc for UEFI Firmware Settings (which led me to the Setup screen). I tried booting it 

Then I went to the boot options and tried Windows Boot Manager, UEFI: IP4 Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller, and UEFI: IP6 Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller. They all led me back to the Error Code message. 

I diagnosed the laptop and all devices were good except the Hard Drive. It had Error Code 2000-0142.

Could someone please help? 

Question Info

Last updated March 25, 2018 Views 2,107 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi Rachos,

It seems that, you need assistance with computer’s booting issue.

Error Code 2000-0142, indicates a failing/failed hard drive. I would suggest you to contact Dell support.

http://support.dell.com/support/index.aspx

Contact the Dell support and ask them to send you an install disk for your computer - they may or may not do it. If they agree to send you one they may charge a small fee.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.