"Drive is not accessible. The parameter is incorrect / Data error (cyclic redundancy check)."

Hi guys,
I got a internal hardisk. I bought a SATA Hardisk Enclosure in order to use as external. 

The hardisk was detected but when im going to open the particular drive, it takes quite a while and prompt an error message "G:\ is not accessible. The parameter is incorrect / Data error (cyclic redundancy check).." There is no "run as administrator" option when i right clicked it also. 

I tried run a chkdsk in administrator command prompt and this is the result i got. 

I can see that there is 4xxGB used in disk management but when i right clicked the G drive -> properties, the free space and used space are all 0.

I've read through a lot of threads yet i still not sure whether because of i do not have the privileges or the hardisk is officially "died"?

Realy appreciate helps from u expertises, i am new to here and this is my 1st thread lol :D

Question Info

Last updated February 16, 2020 Views 55,925 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi Adrian,

This message indicates that the operating system has found a drive with bad sectors or some other intermittent problem. This is usually caused by hard drive problems.

Let’s repair the hard disk and check if it helps.

1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. Or, if you are using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, and then click Search. Type Command Prompt in the Search box, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.

2. At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

chkdsk /r

3. Restart the computer and check the issue.

You may also run the check disk utility using Windows 8 DVD and see if it helps.

a. Insert the Windows 8 DVD and restart your computer.

b. Press F12 key (typically this is F12, but it can differ between computer manufacturers) and choose the drive that you inserted the installation media into.

c. Once the Windows Setup window appears, follow these steps:

d. Click next and select Repair your computer.

e. You will then see a blue screen and an option to choose.

f. Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced Options.

g. Click on Command Prompt. Please type the following command and hit enter.

Chkdsk /r

h. Please type Y and press Enter.

i. Please restart the computer and check the issue.

Important: While performing chkdsk on the hard drive if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive when chkdsk tries to repair that sector if any data available on that might be lost.

Please update us with the results. We will be happy to assist you further.

K.Z. Sharief Khan
Ex-Microsoft Forum Moderator

70 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.