DELL STUDIO 1457 Bluetooth icon missing/not installing after Windows 8 upgrade

I am facing the bluetooth problem with dell studio 1457. My Blue tooth disappeared after installing windows 8. 

I cannot find bluetooth option in device manager nor in PC wirless settings and windows 8 is not allowing me to reinstall BT driver even in compatibility mode. 

I reinstalled BT drivers from various sources but nothing works. Please help me.
|

Hi Aravind,

Thanks for choosing Windows 8 and for providing us an opportunity to assist you.

You have mentioned that you are unable to use the Bluetooth option after upgrading to Windows 8. Don’t worry; we’ll help you with this issue.

Just a few questions first, to get a clear picture of the issue;

1) What steps did you follow to re-install the Bluetooth driver in compatibility mode?

2) Did you get any error message?

To check what is causing this issue, I would suggest you to try these steps and check if it resolves the issue.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run the hardware and devices troubleshooter to detect and fix any issues in the Bluetooth device. Refer these steps:

a) Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
b) Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
c) Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
d) Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Method 2: Install Windows 8 Bluetooth driver

I would suggest you check and install the latest Windows 8 Bluetooth driver from the Manufacturer’s website and check if it resolves the issue.

Method 3: Compatibility mode

You have mentioned that you have already tried but Windows 8 is not allowing you to reinstall in compatibility mode. Try these steps and check:

a) Right click the driver installation file and select Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.

b) Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode.

c) Tap or click the drop down box and select Windows 7, then tap or click OK.

d) Try installing the driver and check.

You can also refer to the section”Make sure Bluetooth enabled and other wireless devices are on and discoverable” and “manually add and manage your device” in this link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/why-isnt-windows-finding-device#section_3

Hope this helps. Please get back to us with more information and the status of the issue, so that we can help you better.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for helping me on this.  I tried all 3 methods but it didn't work.

For 1st method: After troubleshooting gets completed, it says incompatible program detected. Broadcom Bluetooth Software has been blocked from running because it might prevent your PC from starting correctly in the future. Your version of Broadcom Bluetooth Software isn't compatible with this version of Windows.

For 2nd method: Dell hasn't released a bluetooth driver for my model studio 1457 that is compatible with windows 8. My service tag is 46Y56BS. You can give a search in dell support drivers.

I downloaded my driver from below link which was last updated/released on Nov 2009.
http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/Product/studio-1457?driverId=24T1W&osCode=W764&fileId=2939894755

For 3rd method: Its not letting me install and it shows a pop up saying this program has compatibilty issue even after checking the tick in compatiblity setting for windows 7. You can get help on microsoft website.

Just FYI... Studio line of laptops has been discontinued from dell production line, so i believe dell will make no further effort to code new drivers which is Windows 8 compatible for my 1457 studio laptop which is 2 years old.

My only hope is to find a common windows 8 compatible BT driver from other brands or other models to bring back my bluetooth again. 

Also is there any internal card which i replace in my motherboard to make my BT works if everything else fails.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

All,

i think i found the root cause for BT issue. :-)

When installing WIDCOMM software, its searching for btwrsupport.dll in C:\Windows\System32 which was missing, I dont know why that dll is missing.

So i just downloaded a sample dll from net. I used this link originaldll.com/.../24090.html

and pasted it in C:\Windows\System32  and C:\Windows\SysWOW64. After this i reinstalled BT software and it worked.

A big thanks to you all for taking so much time on this issue which motivated me to find the root cause.

Please pass this fix to our friends.

Thx

Aravind

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Aravind,

Glad to know that the issue has been resolved now. Thanks for sharing the resolution; it will help the other community members as well.  If you have any queries in the future, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Regards,

Bennet martin.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

i'm having the same issue, and this isn't working for me.  i downloaded the mentioned dll, and pasted into those two directories.  just can't install any widcomm software..

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

this solution is not helping me either....i still cannot install the SetupBtwDownloadSE from Broadcom...it keeps telling me to enable my bluetooth device in order to continue, but there is no way to enable it since the is no bluetooth icon,device,software installed...

i have a studio xps 1340

help!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 748 Applies to: