Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45) Realtek Audio Driver Windows 8

Hi I am running Windows 8 64 bit on my Acer Aspire M5-481TG. Recently, I have been having problems with my sound. I can hear no sound from my speakers and when i run my cursor over the sound icon on the task bar, it says "No audio output device is installed". I have uninstalled and re-installed my sound drivers, but the problem still persists. In device manager, under "Sound, video, and game controllers", only the Intel Audio driver is displayed. When i view the hidden devices, the Realtek driver is there, along with some BLuetooth and Microsot audio drivers. All of them say, "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)". The sound comes back sometimes and keeps going away again. Please tell me what to do.

Question Info

Last updated April 3, 2019 Views 7,930 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi,

Here is the link to RealTek... However, the file size is much smaller than Acers which means it may have less features..

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

I noticed that Acer has two drivers. One for a Win 7 to Win 8 Upgrade, and one for Win 8. I'm not sure which you downloaded, or if it even makes a difference...

You might try installing both the Acer and the RealTek... first the RealTek, and then reinstalling the Acer...

You could try EXTRACTING the Acer drivers to a folder and setting the Compatibility Mode of "SETUP" to Win 7 or Vista. I know it's supposed to be for Win 8, but there is a chance something was missed.

I see no folders\Files in the installer for anything newer than Vista, regardless of what the Specs say...

You may need something like 7Zip, WinRAR, or WinZip to Extract the installer to a folder.

13 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.