Question

Q: Creative labs vf0070 ultra webcam​ is not working on windows 8 computer. This thread is locked from future replies

is there any way possible to get this thing working on windows 8 seems a shame to have to toss it out prefectly good web cam any ideas or info greatly appreciated

Original title: creative labs vf0070 ultra webcam

Hi Ronswartz,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forums!!

It looks like you are unable to use Creative labs vf0070 Ultra Webcam on windows 8 computer.

I understand it must be frustrating, but rest assured, we are here to help you and guide you in the right direction.

I would really appreciate if you can help me with the following information.

1.      What happens when you try to use the webcam on the computer?

2.      Do you receive any error message/code?

I would suggest you to try installing the webcam divers from the manufacturer’s website in Windows 7 compatibility mode and check if the issue persists.

Uninstall and re-install the Webcam driver in compatibility mode:

Download the latest drivers from the Manufacturer’s website and save it on to the Desktop.

http://support.creative.com/

a.      Press Windows Key + R, type devmgmt.msc.

b.      Expand the Webcam driver, click on the drivers.

c.       Click on properties, click on uninstall tab.

d.      Click OK.

e.      Right-click on the driver (Downloaded from the manufacturer’s website) file.

f.        Click on Properties and select the Compatibility tab.

g.      Click the checkbox before Run this program in Compatibility mode for option and select Windows 7.

h.      In the list-down box; then try installing the device driver via Run as administrator.

Hope it helps.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Regards,
Anil

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 2,197 Last updated: March 27, 2018 Applies to: