brothershl2270 driver disappeared from hard drive

brother hl 2270dw printer worked on windows 7, but won't install on wind 8
dowloaded new drivers from brother website, still no connection
changed ubs cables no connection

|
Answer
Answer
Hi Tom,

It looks like you are having issues with the Brother HL-2270DW printer on the computer.

Let me collect certain information to help you better:
1) What exactly do you refer to when you say “still no connection”? Is the printer not getting detected on the computer?
2) If not, have you tried connecting the USB cable to different USB ports on the computer?
3) Does the printer appear under Devices and Printer list?
4) Have you installed the latest Windows 8 drivers for printer after downloading it from the manufacturer website?

You can check if the printer is getting detected under Devices and Printer list.
Follow the step:
a) Type "Devices and Printers" on the Start screen and click on Settings from the Charms bar.
b) Click on Devices and Printers. Check if you are able to find the printer from the list of devices.

If you have not installed the latest printer driver for Windows 8 after downloading, I would suggest you to install the driver for the printer and check if it is not getting detected.

You can refer to the link for reference to download Windows 8 drivers for the printer from the manufacturer website:

As far as compatibility of the printer is concerned, I would like to tell you that this printer is compatible with Windows 8. Refer to the link:

You can also try using different USB ports to connect the USB cables of printer to check if it is getting detected.

If the printer is still not getting detected, let’s run the printer troubleshooter and check if it helps.

You can follow the methods to further resolve this issue:

Method 2:
If the printer is still getting detected, I would suggest you to try and install the printer using advance printer setup. Refer to the link:
Why isn't Windows finding my device?”
Follow the section “Use Advanced printer setup
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/why-isnt-windows-finding-device

For reference, you can refer to the link:
Add, view, and manage your devices and printers
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/install-view-manage-devices-printers

Do get back to us with the status of this issue.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 22, 2018 Views 2,645 Applies to: