Blurry text problem

I recently bought a Samsung NP355V5C-S05IN Laptop with Win 8 , i am having blurry text , tried installing AMD catalyst but not able to install it and blurry text continues, Please help

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 663 Applies to:
I recently bought a Samsung NP355V5C-S05IN Laptop with Win 8 , i am having blurry text

Me too with a Samsung 22 inch LED monitor.   Samsung must not have a very high pixel density.   FWIW I cannot use mine at its "Recommended resolution" (without having absolutely wispy text) and instead set it one notch lower.   I also still use a Zoom setting in IE which is greater than 100 (112) to let ClearType have even more room to do its fuzzification.   I think the real problem is that ClearType is not working properly with widescreen LED monitors and does not have sufficient flexibility in its tuner to let us find some better settings.   Unfortunately we cannot disable ClearType.   Otherwise I would love to be able to compare that with what I have been getting.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

In order to attract Microsoft's attention, I've made a new post containing links to all previously posted threads about the same matter (blurriness - fuzziness  - bad font rendering in Windows 8).

If you would like to help, please click "Me too" for having the same problem on my post and/or other users' posts I've gathered all in one place. I have already clicked "Me too" on all posts that refer to the same matter.

Here is the link to my post:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-performance/poor-font-rendering-in-windows-8-blurry-text/f52a2002-d748-485c-8b9c-4862806ea94a?page=1

Thanks,

John

Sorry this didn't help.

Found a way to give feedback on the rendering technique change.

Go to this link:

http://support.microsoft.com/common/survey.aspx?scid=sw;en;1076

At the base of the feedback survey there is a section where we can tell them about the issue.

This will likely be our best bet of getting the text rendering improved, or maybe even ClearType support for the new products.

Thanks to @WindowsSupport for providing the link.

If we can get enough people sending feedback on the issue, we may just get this fixed.

I'll post this on a few other posts, I will miss heaps so if your up to it, post it wherever you think it'll help.

Jordan

Sorry this didn't help.