Bluetooth Stack Service error message every time I start my computer.

Original title: Bluetooth Stack Service

I have a new computer with Windows 8.  I get the "unable" Bluetooth Stack Service message every time I start my computer.  Could someone please tell me - What is Bluetooth?  What do you use it for?  Everything so far seems to running fine without it..........should I try to correct this? 

Nancy

Hi Nancy,

Thank you for posting your query in the Microsoft Community Forum.

Based on the information, you are receiving error messages on Bluetooth Stack Service on Windows 8 Startup.

It would be helpful if you could reply to the questions to assist you better.

1. What is the make and model of your computer?

2. Have you made any recent software or hardware changes prior to the issue?

Bluetooth is a wireless technology standard for exchanging data over short distances from fixed and mobile devices.

You may receive the error message if any of the Bluetooth supported devices like mobile phones, headsets, etc connected to the Windows 8 system is not working.

Let’s try the following steps and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Run the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

a. Open the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by swiping in from the right edge of the screen, tapping Search (or if you're using a mouse, pointing to the upper-right corner of the screen, moving the mouse pointer down, and then clicking Search).

b. Enter hardware and devices in the search box, tapping or clicking settings, and then tapping or clicking Find and fix problems with devices. You might be asked for an admin password or to confirm your choice.

Method 1:

Start the Bluetooth service.

Try the following steps and check if it works.
a. Press Windows key + R, now type services.msc and hit enter.
b. From the list of items, double click Bluetooth Support Service.
c. Change the startup type to Automatic and click Start button to start service (Check for the dependencies of this service and make sure these are also set to automatic)
d. Click Apply and then click ok.

For further information, refer to the articles:

Why isn't Windows finding my device?

Add, view, and manage your devices and printers  

Hope it helps.

Post back with the results of the troubleshooting steps provided. If you need any assistance regarding Windows let us know and we will be happy to help.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 29, 2018 Views 359 Applies to: