Bluetooth problem since I have installed Windows 8

I am using Dell inspiron 14r Laptop and i recently installed Windows 8 and since then I am not able to link my Bluetooth devices to my laptop. i have installed the drivers and bluetooth link in pc setting is been displayed but windows is not allowing me to enable or disable it.
|

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community Forums and thank you for posting the question.

As per the description, you are unable to connect the bluetooth device after installing Windows 8.

Please answer few questions to narrow down the issue.

1. What is the model number for the Dell inspiron 14R laptop?

2. Do you get any error messages?

3. What happens when you search for other bluetooth devices?

This issue normally occurs when the Manufacturer has not yet released a bluetooth driver for Windows 8. What we can do is that, we could try installing the driver in Windows 7 compatibility mode and check.

Method 1: Run the hardware troubleshooter

a. Press Windows key + W, click apps if it is not selected

b. Type control panel and hit Enter

c. If the icons are not displayed in large size, click on category which is above the list and select large icons.

d. Now click on troubleshooting

e. Click on Hardware and sound and click on Find and fix problems with devices and hardware and proceed further.

Method 2:

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode.

a. Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
b. Right-click on the driver and click on properties.
c. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select Windows 7 operating system from the drop down.
d. Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Refer:

Drivers and Downloads

Note: If the model number is not the same, you may change the product and enter the exact model.
Also make sure that you have selected the right operating system in the article.

I would also suggest you to post the question in Dell community Forums for more information:

Hope this infromation helps. Do get back to us with the status so that we could help you further.  

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 26, 2020 Views 52 Applies to: