Q: Bluetooth Obex File transfer not working on Windows 8 This thread is locked from future replies

I have recently formatted my HP 2000-2116TU Notebook PC and Installed windows 8 operating system. Earlier the Windows 8 version that I had.. gave no problem regarding bluetooth drivers. But now this version does not allow OBEX file transfer and many bluetooth features/facilities. I am not able to send/recieve files over the bluetooth from any other device. Also there is no option seperately for Send a File... or Recieve a File.....I need urgent help over the matter... I have already installed the drivers for bluetooth from HP website...nd are upto date....

Hi Sachin,

1. Have you installed the latest Bluetooth Obex File transfer?

You may face this issue if Bluetooth OBEX File Transfer is not compatible with Windows 8. According to Windows 8 Compatibility Center Bluetooth OBEX File Transfer v 1.2 is compatible with Windows 8:

I would suggest you to install the latest Bluetooth OBEX File Transfer from their support site and check:,com_easyfaq/Itemid,59/

Most programs created for earlier versions of Windows will work in this version of Windows, but some older programs might run poorly or not at all. You can run the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter on most programs to detect and fix common compatibility problems.

Making older programs compatible with this version of Windows

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

John Rubdy
Forum Moderator | Microsoft Community

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks a lot John for your timely reply,
this was helpful but not exactly what I need... This is a software.
It still doesn't solve the Obex File Transfer problem, it only provides an alternative to connect to remote devices. I still can't transfer files between my PC and other Bluetooth devices including a Remote PC....

Everytime I send a file from a PC/Cellphone to my PC, it disconnects just becaus Obex FTP isn't available or installed. Even Bluetooth Settings do not show feature of OBEX ftp.

Hope that a better and accurate answer is found to my problem
sachin essquareinc

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 1,702 Last updated: December 25, 2017 Applies to: