bluetooth driver and keyboard drivers are corrupt but I cant remove them FIXED solution added

Solution
I fixed this by restoring my complete hard drive from a two week old back up - I do this every week but wanted to be sure I was clear of the problem by going back one week more. The blue tooth adapter was visible again and although the keyboard didnt work this time I was able to remove it from devices and then re-install worked!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have asked about this once and posted more information (maybe too much!) and no further reply.  I have windows 8 pro (it was a clean install and has worked fine for several months)  Until last week I was using a logitech bluetooth keyboard with a generic adapter that windows just recognised.

Because I used the keyboard channel once on a different OS it lost the pairing to windows so I thought that I would just uninstall the keyboard and let the computer find it so I could pair it again. The keyboard refused to uninstall and the bluetooth refused to see it I tried removing the generic adapter and re-installing it but now it doesnt recognise my adapter - keeps showing as unknown device and wont update the software.  A couple of times it did try to install but said it couldn't because the details were wrong.

I bought another "Trust" device which actually has windows 8 drivers but although the drivers installed it still showed as an unknown device.  I have tried different USB ports but no difference.  Now I have two problems instead of one (1) no matter what I try I cannot remove the logitech 810 keyboard (which is now showing a generic image instead of the proper one) no matter whether logitech software installed or not when I click remove it thinks about it and then says failed (even is safe mode)  (2) it seems now that the computer will not recognise a bluetooth adapter even though the same adapter works on a another windows 7 PC and on Linux Ubuntu if I boot to the live CVD

I am almost at the point of wiping my system and re-installing windows but I have some useful software which I obtained using keys only valid on the day of download and which would now cost me to re-install.  Not to mention that I have spent the last 5 months getting windows 8 running just the way I like it.

I can see a couple of restore points that pre-date the issue but I am wondering if system restore would replace the blue tooth driver with a working one and let me remove or re-pair my keyboard.  I cant find any information which tells me if system restore is likely to fix the issue or not - even if it does I still need it to forget the paired keyboard so that I can re-pair it again with a new number.

Please if anyone can help I would be really grateful - I am familiar enough to have tried all the obvious steps and all the instructions that I can find.   I really do need to get this keyboard back online because it has three channels one for my phone, one for my tablet and a third one I normally use for windows and is the nicest keyboard I have ever owned (its illuminated for nighttime working as well)

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 148 Applies to:

Hey,

I had similar issues and the only thing that I could do was "Refresh". It removed all the drivers which I installed on the computer and now everything seems to be working fine after I installed the new drivers from the device manufacturer's website.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey,

I had similar issues and the only thing that I could do was "Refresh". It removed all the drivers which I installed on the computer and now everything seems to be working fine after I installed the new drivers from the device manufacturer's website.

Thanks for your response, I considered this but, since I have the full windows 7pro and 8pro on disc, a complete re-install would probably be my last resort option - the only stuff on C drive is my windows 8, drivers and programs - all my data is on other drives.  The problem is that either route loses all the programs (at least that is what it says) I have installed which includes several that were one day only give aways and to replace the three that I use most would be expensive.

I guess I will have to try restore first and then more drastic action if that doesn't work - so much for the system that is supposed to repair itself,

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.