Black screen after installing Intel graphics card

Original title: not able to login???

i installed intel hd graphics card on my xpx laptop with windows 8 but since then i'm unable to login. when i enter password it shows a black screen to me and again returns me to login window. i'v tried restarting my laptop still it's not working. could anybody tell me how to undo the last installation in windows 8 without login???

Hi Dineep Thomas,

Thank you for reaching us out on Microsoft Community Forums.

It looks like you are unable to login and getting a black screen after installing the graphics driver. Let's analyze and identify the cause of the issue.

What is the make and model of the computer?

This issue normally occurs when the graphics driver is not properly installed or may not be compatible with Windows 8.

You may enter the model number or the exact name of the intel driver in the Windows compatibility center and check.

Refer:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/win8/CompatCenter/Home?Language=en-US

I would suggest you to uninstall the driver from Safe mode and install the driver in Windows 7 compatibility mode.

Method 1:

Step 1:

Boot the computer to safe mode and check for the issue.

Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-including-safe-mode

Step 2:

a. Press Windows + X key together and select Device Manager.
b. Locate the Display adpater.
c. Right click on the driver and select Uninstall.

Method 2:

If you are able to boot the computer to normal mode, you may install the driver in Windows 7 compatibility mode.

a. Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
b. Right-click on the driver and click on properties.
c. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select Windows 7 operating system from the drop down.
d. Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Hope this information helps. Do get back to us if you have more queries regarding Windows.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 4, 2020 Views 2,583 Applies to: