Question

Q: After upgrade to Windows 8, “Kanvus Life 106 Graphics Tablet” does not work in Windows 8. This thread is locked from future replies

Original Title: Kanvus Life 106 Graphics Tablet & Windows 8

My Graphics tablet worked fine across dual screens in Windows 7 64 bit and upon upgrade to Windows 8 did not show up as incompatible on the set up check.

The manufacturer (Kanvus) states there is no intention to write Windows 8 drivers for this product.

Just wondered if there was a solution to this...

Thank you

Answer

A:

I've just got the Kanvus Artist 127 and I was having the same problem.

After a bit of diagnostics and a little more googling I managed to solve the problem by installing the Genius drivers.

• In device manager, view by connection and find the USB device.
  • Right click and select properties
  • Under details, select Hardware ID's from the Property drop-down.
  • Search for the first part of the ID (right click and copy). Mine is USB\VID_172F&PID_0500
  • You should find a device that matches.
  • I've found most of the Kanvus devices are also manufactured by Genius.
  • You can try going directly to http://www.geniusnet.com/wSite/lp?ctNode=174&CtUnit=156&BaseDSD=10&mp=1 and look around. The devices look pretty similar, just different colours.
  • Most of the devices have Windows 8 drivers produced by Genius and they worked just fine for me. All of the features are supported, as well as a few that Kanvus' didn't have.
My device is the G-Pen M712X equivalent. The device ID's match so the drivers install without any problems.

Just remember to uninstall the existing drivers. I'd suggest disconnecting your tablet once the drivers are uninstalled and showing hidden devices in Device Manager, then removing any remnants.

Once you're done, install the genius drivers as usual by first installing and then connecting the tablet.
If all goes well, you should be up and running.

The drivers work fine for everything I've tried so far, including Photoshop and GIMP.

Hope it helps
SytheZN
[life is what happens when you're notp aying attention]

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 3,543 Last updated: April 21, 2018 Applies to: