Why is Windows 8 Pro getting extremely low FPS on my High End Graphics Card Compared to Windows 7 that had ZERO lag problems !

Ever since I bought Windows 8 Pro for my Gaming Desktop all I have is problems with gaming, like Midtown Madness 2 used to get like 60 stable fps but now on windows 8 I am having 3-10 fps and GTA IV gets like 8-24 FPS on this High End Graphics Card and Why is Windows 8 Pro getting extremely low FPS on my games compared to Windows 7 that had no problems that worked as its supposed to work. and this is a High Spec computer to run all games Maxed out with out any lag problems but for some reason, there is lag problems. I had uninstalled Graphics Drivers in the control panel and boot in safe mode using Driver Fusion to delete remaining driver data and i reinstalled the latest Graphics and no success i still get problems.

my Processer is a AMD Phenom II X6 1100T, Graphics Card: Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 7970, 16GB DDR3 1333Mhz Ram my computer can't be underpowered !

Answer
Answer
Actually my problem Is fixed now. what I did was disable Hyper-V in the windows features. windows 8 is now as fast as windows 7 in games or even better.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 27, 2019 Views 14,070 Applies to: