Why can't I sign into xbox when using games in windows 8

I have upgraded to Windows 8. When I try to use the games app I am unable to sign in to Xbox to use the games.
I can log in directly on xbox.com

Question Info

Last updated July 1, 2019 Views 7,899 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
After weeks of frustration I have finally discovered the answer to my similar problem. I am using Windows 8 and there seems to be a quirk in the Control Panel settings. I go to the Search facility on the charms, type in "proxy server" and follow the link to "configure proxy server". Open the "Connections Tab" and click on "Lan Settings" and then uncheck the box for  "Use a proxy Server ....". Return to the Microsoft Games and - hey presto - it all connects and runs perfectly. As yet I cannot find a way to permanently change this setting.......... any ideas most welcome......

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

I've had the same problem from time to time. I had to reinstall Microsoft Solitaire Collection, but then I lost my scores for the month. Today, it happened again. Here's how I got around it:

Task Manager -> App History tab -> right click on Microsoft Solitaire Collection - > click on Switch to

This worked for me. I still can't get to the game through the regular Windows 8 app, but at least I don't lose my scores for the month. Maybe after the month is over I will try re-installing the game.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.