When I try to open the Sims Deluxe game a 'fatal error' appears which says; "Game can not be started because the default graphics card does not support Thousand of Colours. Exit now".

I have a Sony Vaio intel core i3 laptop and have installed the Sims Deluxe. I can open the Sims Creator, but when I try to open the game a 'fatal error' appears which says; "Game can not be started because the default graphics card does not support Thousand of Colours. Exit now".
In other online forums it says the error might be because windows 8 only allows for 32bit but I can't seem to change that. Can someone help please?

Original title: The Sims 3 Deluxe
|

Hi Laura,

1. Is the issue specific to this game?

2. Did you check the graphics card requirements for playing the game?

3. What is the complete model number of the laptop?

This issue can occur if the graphics card specifications does not meet the game requirements.

You can check the compatibility of the game with the help of the link:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/ProductDetailsViewer?Type=Software&Name=The+Sims+3+Deluxe&ModelOrVersion=6&Vendor=EA&Locale=1033%2C2057%2C3081%2C4105%2C16393&LastSearchTerm=The%2BSims%2B3%2BDeluxe&BreadcrumbPath=The+Sims+3+Deluxe&TempOsid=Windows+8

If the graphics card specifications meets the game requirements then, I would suggest you to update the graphics card driver from the device manager and check if it helps.

Steps:

a. Press Windows key + X

b. Select device manager.

c. Double click on Display adapters.

d. Right click on the device listed and select Update Driver Software.

e. Follow the on-screen instructions and restart the computer after the drivers are installed.

If the above steps does not help, then download and install the latest graphics card drivers from the manufacturer's website.

Refer:

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/select-system.pl?NOPROD=YES&DIRECTOR=DRIVER&mdl=SONYVAIO&1=3

Note: Select the correct model number of the laptop to find the drivers.

Hope this helps. If you have any further queries/issues related to Windows, write to us and we will be glad to assist you further.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 20, 2021 Views 2,563 Applies to: