Unable to play F1 2011 game on the Windows 8 computer

Old Title: Program Program Kompatibilitet Program Program F1 2011

I hav Windows 8 pro, and I can not play in my PC. 

|
Answer
Answer

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community Forums and thank you for posting your query on it. We are here to assist you with all your Windows related issues.

As per your issues description, you are unable to play F1 2011 game on your Windows 8 computer. I can definitely help you with this issue.

The Windows 8 Compatibility Center shows that the F1 2011 is not compatible with Windows 8. But, it is compatible with Windows 7. You may check the compatibility details from this link:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/win8/CompatCenter/ProductDetailsViewer?Type=Software&Name=F1%202011&Vendor=Codemasters&Locale=1033&BreadcrumbPath=PC%20gaming%7Cf1%202011&tempOsid=win8

Since the game is compatible with Windows 7, we can try playing the game in Windows 7 compatibility mode and check if that work.

Play the F1 2011 game in Windows 7 Compatibility Mode

I would suggest you to refer the article: “Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows” and to follow the instructions given in it from this link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

If you face this issue even after running the compatibility troubleshooter, then I would also suggest you to change the compatibility settings of the game manually and then check if that works.

Hope this is helpful. If this issue persists, please feel free to get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps.

Regards,
Rajesh Govind - Microsoft Support Engineer

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 29, 2019 Views 4,765 Applies to: