The exeption Breakpoint. A breakpoint has been reached. (0x80000003) occured in the application at location 0x00c75a0f

Hello, 
when I try to play a game (Ragnarok Online 2 a new mmorpg) at some point of starting (choosing character to play and clicking start game precisly) every time I try I get an error: 

The exeption Breakpoint. 
A breakpoint has been reached. 
 (0x80000003) occured in the application at location 0x00c75a0f

So the game starts actually and runs until certain moment I log in.
I tried to search for some solutions but most of them involve messing with registry etc. so I'm affraid I might mess smthing up. I already got plenty of don't know why or where from bluescreens since I installed Windows 8. 

My guess is problem is somehow related to my firewall or maybe gameguard/hackshield app since help topics I found referred to mainly symantec, bitdefender or gameguard but I don't have a clue.

It's not a life threating problem but still it stops my fun so if anyone knows how to fix that and would be kind enought to help me I would be most pleased. I posted also to the RO2 game community itself but a similiar topic was written there 2 weeks ago with no answer up until today so I think if you guys/girls can't help me then I'll have to give up on playing this game ...

Thanks in advance.

Hi Tarrok,

Thank you for reaching us out on Microsoft Community and giving me an opportunity to help you. I will guide you regarding the issue you are facing.

1)      Are you playing a online game or is the game installed on the computer?

2)      If you are playing a online game, which web browser are you using?

It seems Ragnarok Online is compatible to Windows 8.

I suggest you to refer to the link.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/win8/CompatCenter/ProductViewerWithDefaultFilters?TempOsid=win8&Locale=en-us&TextSearch=Ragnarok%2BOnline&Type=Both&CurrentPage=0&TotalPages=1&ShowCriteria=0&SortCriteria=Relevance&Compatibility=Unknown&LastRequested=14

I suggest you to perform clean boot and check.

To help troubleshoot error messages and other issues, you can start Windows 8 by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note:

After performing the troubleshooting steps in clean boot, follow Step3 to start the computer to Normal startup mode.

a)      Press the ‘Windows + R’ key on the keyboard.
b) In the ‘Run’ windows type ’MSCONFIG’ and click ‘Ok’.
c) On the ‘General’ tab, click the ‘Normal Startup’ option, and then click ‘OK’.
d) When you are prompted to restart the computer, click ‘Restart’.

I suggest you to update the drivers.

Follow the steps.

a)      Press windows key + R and type in devmgmt.msc and click enter.

b)      Expand ‘game” and right-click on ‘drivers Device and select ‘update drivers’.

If you face any more issues while working with Windows Operating System or Windows Issue do post on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

105 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Dear CephasEden,

thank you very much for taking interest in my problem. Here are some details you wanted:

1) This is a online game and to play I have to connect to game server via internet but the game client itself is installed on pc and updated via launcher every time it starts to check for updates, bug fixes etc.

2) I use Goggle Chrome.

I'll try going with clean boot but in meanwhile I encountered yet another problem. Before you posted your reply I tried smthing myselph, I unistalled the game, deleted all files and tried to download/install it all from 0 in hope that will help. 

Now that I did that I can't even install it again, setup takes forever to start even with admin privs and usually ends in "process is not responding". I meanged to install it but also had plenty of crc errors during install and later updating.

In other words now I can't even get to the point where the breakpoint error accured. 
I'll try downloading setup from different mirrors, maybe this one was corrupted. I'll post again if I get stuck on smthing again

Update:
I menaged to install the game downloaded from different mirror link, still got some CRC error ("source you are installing this content apperas to be broken") but now game starts and updated no problems. For the record I need to say I got no complication whatsoever and I can play game just fine on my laptop with Windows 7 Ultimate x64. I'm stuck with same breakpoint error I mentioned earlier. Tried clean boot with everything disabled/shutdown still got this error :/ maybe Ragnarok Online was compatible with Windows 8 but newer Ragnarok Online 2 isn't ...

29 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello CephasEden,

I have the same problem with Microsoft Dynamics GP when i start it.

I get the same error:

"The  exception breakpoint. A breakpoint has been reached. (0x80000003) occurred in the application at the location 0x7625338d"

Can you help me please?

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 9, 2024 Views 65,477 Applies to: