Switchable Graphics on windows 8?

hello,
i just bought a Dell Inspirion 15 3521.
it has a ATI Radeon HD7670M graphics card along with Intel hd 4000 ( both 1 gb )
when i run my games..it appears they are using intel hd instead of amd..
and i also tried switching to high performance in switchable graphics...but the games still seem to run on intel hd..
i mean,..FS most wanted 2012 is supposed to run super smooth on AMD radeon 7670 1 gig...but its a bit sluggish...
is this a problem with windows 8??
please help.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 537 Applies to:

Hi Slinger,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Based on the information you have provided, I understand that you are facing issues with running the game Need for Speed Most Wanted 2012 in Windows 8. I will certainly help you with this issue.

As per the Windows 8 compatibility center we do not have enough information with regards to this game.

Refer to the link.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/win8/CompatCenter/ProductDetailsViewer?Name=Need%20for%20Speed%20Most%20Wanted%202012&vendor=EA&Locale=1033&BreadCrumbPath=need%20for%20speed%3A%20most%20wanted%202012&Type=Software&tempOsid=win8

You may run this game in Windows 7 compatibility mode and check.

Refer to the link.

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

If you face any more issues while working with Windows do post on Microsoft Community Forum.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

i do have another question.
the by defaulft provided music player of windows 8 is good i mean when on laptops speakers...but when i put my headphones on..the volume seems to increase and decrease while the song is being played..i already tried updating the software..any suggestions? is this windows 8 issue? or my headphone pin does not meet my audio jack properly?
Thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Did you try connecting a different headphone/earphone to check if the issue persists? Since the issue appears to be specific to the headphone it could be an issue with either jack/port.

Let us know the status of the issue. 

Sorry this didn't help.